The privacy of our website visitors is very important to us, and we are committed to protecting it. This policy details what we do with your personal information.
This document was produced using the SEQ Legal (seqlegal.com) template and has been modified by Thermo-Énergie.
C. Collection of personal information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored and used:
- Information about your computer, including your IP address, geographic location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- Information about your visits to and use of this website, including referring source, length of visit, pages viewed, and website navigation paths
- Information such as your e-mail address, last name, first name that you provide when submitting a contact form;
- Information that you publish on our website with the intention of publishing it on the Internet, including your username, your profile photos and the content of your publications;
- Information contained in any communications you send us by e-mail or on our website, including their content and metadata;
- Any other personal information you provide to us.
Before disclosing personal information about another person to us, you must obtain that person's consent to the disclosure and processing of that personal information in accordance with the terms of this policy.
D. Use of your personal information
Personal information provided to us through our website will be used for the purposes described in this policy or on the relevant pages of the site. We may use your personal information to:
- Administering our website and company;
- Personalize our website for you;
- To enable you to use the services offered on our website;
- Send statements, invoices and payment reminders, and collect your payments;
- You send non-marketing communications;
- You send e-mail notifications that you have expressly requested;
- To provide statistical information about our users to third parties (without these third parties being able to identify individual users with this information);
- Handle requests and complaints relating to your website made by you or concerning you;
- Maintain the security of our website and prevent fraud;
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website
- If you submit personal information to our website for the purpose of publication, we will publish it and may use the information in accordance with the permissions you grant us.
- Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website and can be adjusted in your privacy settings on the website.
Without your explicit consent, we will not provide your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing or that of other third parties.
E. Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisors, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors to the extent reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law ;
- In the context of any current or future legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction purposes);
- To the purchaser (or potential purchaser) of any business or assets in our possession that we wish (or are considering) to sell; and
- To any person whom we reasonably believe to be an integral part of a court or other competent authority for the disclosure of such personal information if, in our opinion, such a court or authority would be likely to require disclosure of such personal information.
Unless otherwise stated in this policy, we will not pass on your personal information to third parties.
F. Retention of your personal information
This Section F details our data retention policies and procedures, designed to help us comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
Personal information that we process for any purpose is retained no longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Without prejudice to article G-2, we will generally delete personal data in these categories within 3-5 months of receipt, with some exceptions;
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section G, we will retain user-submitted documents containing personal data:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law ;
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any current or potential legal proceedings; and
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction purposes).
G. Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store any personal information you provide on secure servers (password and firewall protected).
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the Internet is inherently insecure, and that we cannot guarantee the security of your data sent over the Internet.
From time to time we may update this policy by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by e-mail. email@example.com.
I. Your rights
You may ask us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; the transfer of such information will be subject to the following conditions:
We may retain the personal information you request to the extent permitted by law.
You can ask us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
J. Third-party websites
Our website contains hyperlinks to third-party websites and information about them. We have no control over these sites, and are not responsible for their privacy policies or practices.
K. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The names of the cookies we use on our website and the purposes for which we use them are described below:
We use Google Analytics and Adwords on our website to: recognize a computer when a user visits the website/ track users as they navigate the website/ enable the use of a shopping cart on the website/ improve the use of a website/ analyze website usage/ administer the website/ prevent fraud and improve website security/ personalize the website for each user/ send targeted advertising that may be of interest to certain users;
Most browsers allow you to refuse or accept cookies. For example, most browsers allow you to refuse or accept cookies:
- with Internet Explorer (version 10), you can block cookies using the alternative cookie management settings available by clicking on "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" then "Advanced";
- with Firefox (version 24), you can block all cookies by clicking on "Tools", "Options", "Privacy" then selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu and unchecking "Accept cookies from sites"; and
- with Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the "Personalize and control" menu, then clicking on "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Content settings", then selecting "Prevent sites from setting data" in the "Cookies" header.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact on the use of many websites. If you block cookies, you won't be able to use all the features of our website.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer. Here's an example:
- with Internet Explorer (version 10), you need to delete the cookie file manually (you can find instructions on how to do this here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
- with Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking on "Tools", "Options", and "Privacy", then selecting "Use personalized settings for history" and clicking on "Show cookies", then on "Delete all cookies"; and
- with Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the "Personalize and control" menu, then clicking on "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Delete browsing data", then "Delete cookies and module data from other sites" before clicking on "Delete browsing data".
- Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the use of many websites.
For any questions or requests: Marina Zarija, personal information manager. 418-624-8966 or firstname.lastname@example.org